1. God the King and the Holy Trinity: We believe that God is the Eternal King. He is an infinite, unchangeable Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, goodness, justice, power and love. From all eternity, He exists as the One Living and True God in three persons of one substance, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory.
2. God the King: The Creator and Ruler of all Things: We believe that God's kingdom is everlasting. From His throne, through His Son, His eternal Word, God created, upholds, and governs all that exits: the heavenly places, the angelic hosts, the universe, the earth, every living thing, and mankind. God created all things very good.
3. Counterfeit Kingdom: Satan and Demonic Hosts: We Believe that Satan, originally a great, good angel, rebelled against God, taking a host of angels with him. He was cast out of God's presence and, as a usurper of God's rule, established a counter-kingdom of darkness and evil on the earth.
4. The Kingdom in the Creation of Man,The Fall and The Doctrine of Original Sin: We Believe that God created mankind in His own image, male and female, for relationship with Himself and to govern the earth. Under the temptation of Satan, our original parents fell from grace, bringing sin, sickness, and God's judgment of death to the earth. Through the fall, Satan and his demonic hosts gained access to God's good creation. Creation now experiences the consequences and effects of Adam's original sin. Human beings are born in sin, subject to God's judgment of death and captive to Satan's kingdom of darkness.
5. God's Providence, Kingdom Law and Covenants: We Believe that God did not abandon his rule over the earth which He continues to uphold by His providence. In order to bring redemption, God established covenants which revealed His grace to sinful people. In the covenant with Abraham, God bound himself to His people Israel, promising to deliver them from bondage to sin and Satan and to bless all the nations through them. We Believe that, as King, God later redeemed His people by His mighty acts from bondage in Egypt and established His covenant through Moses; revealing His perfect will and our obligation to fulfill it. The law's purpose is to order our fallen race and to make us conscious of our moral responsibility. By the work of God's Spirit, it convicts us of our sin and God's righteous judgment against us and brings us to Christ alone for salvation.
We Believe that when Israel rejected God's rule over her as King, God established the monarchy in Israel and made an unconditional covenant with David, promising that his heir would restore God's kingdom reign over His people as Messiah forever.
6. Christ The Mediator and Eternal King: We Believe that in the fullness of time, God honored His covenants with Israel and His prophetic promise of salvation by sending His Son, Jesus, into the world. Conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, as fully God and fully man in one person, He is humanity as God intended us to be. Jesus was anointed as God's Messiah and empowered by the Holy Spirit, inaugurating God's kingdom reign on earth, overpowering the reign of Satan by resisting temptation, preaching the good news of salvation, healing the sick, casting out demons and raising the dead. Gathering His disciples, He reconstituted God's people as His Church to be the instrument of His kingdom. After dying for the sins of the world, Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day, fulfilling the covenant of blessing given to Abraham. In His sinless, perfect life, Jesus met the demands of the law and in His atoning death on the cross, He took God's judgment for sin which we deserve as law-breakers. By His death on the cross He also disarmed the demonic powers. The covenant with David was fulfilled in Jesus' birth from David's house, His Messianic ministry, His glorious resurrection from the dead, His ascent into Heaven and His present rule at the right hand of the Father. As God's Son and David's heir, He is the eternal Messiah-King, advancing God's reign throughout every generation and throughout the whole earth today.
7. The Ministry of The Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit was poured out on the Church at Pentecost in power, baptizing believers in the Body of Christ and releasing the gifts of the Spirit to them. The Spirit brings the permanent indwelling presence of God to us for spiritual worship, personal sanctification, building up the Church, gifting us for ministry, and driving back the kingdom of Satan by the evangelization of the world through proclaiming the word of Jesus and doing the works of Jesus. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is our abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the filling or the empowering of the Holy Spirit, often a conscious experience, for ministry today. We believe in the present ministry of the Spirit and in the exercise of all of the biblical gifts of the Spirit. We practice the laying on of hands for the empowering of the Spirit, for healing, and for recognition and empowering of those whom God has ordained to lead and serve the Church
8. The Sufficiency of Scripture: We Believe that the Holy Spirit inspired the human authors of Holy Scripture so that the Bible is without error in the original manuscripts. We receive the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments as our final, absolute authority, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
9. The Power of the Gospel over the Kingdom of Darkness: We Believe that the whole world is under the domination of Satan and that all people are sinners by nature and choice. All people therefore are under God's just judgment. Through the preaching of the Good News of Jesus and the Kingdom of God and the work of the Holy Spirit, God regenerates, justifies, adopts, and sanctifies through Jesus by the Spirit all who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. By this, they are released from Satan's domain and enter into God's kingdom reign.
10. The Church: Instrument of the Kingdom: We Believe in the one, holy, universal Church. All who repent of their sins and confess Jesus as Lord and Savoir are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and form the living Body of Christ, which He is the head and which we are all members.
11. Baptism and the Lord's Supper: We Believe that Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: water baptism and the Lord's Supper. Both are available to all believers.
12. The Kingdom of God and the Final Judgment: We Believe that God's kingdom has come in the ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ, that it continues to come in the ministry of the Spirit through the Church, and that it will be consummated in the glorious, visible and triumphant appearing of Christ - His return to the earth as King. After Christ returns to reign, He will bring about the final defeat of Satan and all of his minions and works, the resurrection of the dead, the final judgment and the eternal blessing of the righteous and eternal conscious punishment of the wicked. Finally, God will be all in all; His kingdom, his rule and reign, will be fulfilled in the new heavens and the new earth, recreated by His mighty power, in which righteousness dwells and in which He will forever be worshiped.
A Radical Life: We believe that we are called to a life style of extravagant worship, radical faith, and intimate devotion to and with our King.
A Spirit-led Life: We believe that Jesus is our Head and the Holy Spirit, our Counselor, so we seek to be responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in every area of the church’s life and ministry.
A Thriving Life: We believe the Word of God is central to our teaching, faith, and life.
A Contemplative Life: We practice prayer, silence, and meditation in The Word to bring us into such a life of communion with the Father that, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we are increasingly conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
A Compassionate Life: We believe that mercy is fundamental to all that God does in salvation. Therefore, we aim to extend mercy to one another in our community and around the world.
A Relevant Life: We want to use music, terminology, and outreach methods that are in touch with the current culture of our community.
A Productive Life: We believe in kingdom growth throughout the world; Church planting is our primary means of advancing the kingdom.
Meeting at 39 Cohasset Ave Buzzards Bay Eagles Club Hall
Mailing Address: PO BOX 84 Wareham, MA 02571
Copyright © 2022 Vineyard Crossroads - All Rights Reserved.
Vineyard Crossroads Church